If you follow me on Instagram you saw that last night, the cat who never acts like a cat did the most cat thing in the world and killed a mouse and brought it to us. I am proud that he was able to do the thing that most people keep cats around for, happy that at least we know about the problem instead of just living peacefully with rodents, but mostly I’m completely grossed out. Tonight I’ll be hunkering down during the coming storms, watching a movie, and keeping one eye on whatever it is Tyson’s eyes are on, because he’s on to something.
This Week Was Lovely Because:
- I celebrated my friend Katy’s birthday with her and some friends in Dallas on Monday. It was so much fun and we had such great food and conversation. I love being home with K and my animals but it was nice to get out and be with a group of very smart and kind women. Plus, it’s always fun celebrating Katy!
- I got back into a workout routine. I know this to be true, and yet it’s the easiest thing to forget: I feel better in every single way when I exercise. I couldn’t get to the gym one night so I did a make-shift circuit workout in my backyard with Buck, and while he was certainly confused and would not abide by me doing planks, it dispelled the myth I had told myself that I can’t workout with a dog.
- I cooked every night I was home, and enjoyed myself so much. We had salmon last night that I fully intended to document and share the recipe here, but I forgot because we were enjoying ourselves too much. (This was pre-mouse). If you have to choose one, living life is better than photographing life.
This Weekend I’m Looking Forward To:
- We’re having fried chicken tonight. Does this need an explanation?
- I have a much-needed hair appointment tomorrow, and while it takes an obscene amount of hours, it gives me a chance to get some writing done while I’m in the chair and make a run to Trader Joe’s after, which we do not have in my small town. I’m going exclusively for those frozen banana things. I must have these.
- Going to a yoga class on Sunday. Fried chicken Friday, chocolate covered frozen bananas Saturday, Yoga Sunday. Moderation in all things, all things in moderation.
This Inspired Me:
- I read this book of poetry cover to cover in one sitting and haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. I’m exploring writing poetry for the #100dayproject and this book rocked my world. I know I’ll read it again.
You Should Check Out:
- My mom’s #100DaysWithMyFirstDraft project on Instagram! It’s likely that if you’re reading this you’re doing so because you’re already friends with my mom and already follow her. But if you don’t, you should. She’s also doing the #100dayproject and she’s posting excerpts of her first draft every day! I’ve read the first few chapters and it’s really good. Also, we have a big surprise coming to See-Hatsie.com on Monday, so this will be a good primer!
- Also, I’m the last person on earth to say this, but I listened to the soundtrack from Hamilton last night and then all day today at work and I’ve been moved to tears no less than three times. I’m embarrassed to say it’s taken me so long, but happy as heck that I got here eventually.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and as always, thank you for being here.