Merry Christmas, dear friends. I’m all packed up and getting ready to load up the car with presents and suitcases, but first I wanted to wish you and yours a happy, safe, healthy, and restful Holiday.
I’ll be popping in here and there to say hello and bring you a couple of things, like a yummy cocktail on Friday perfect for winding down your holiday celebrations, and of course, your weekly list on Sunday, but only because I already have so many distractions I want to share with you.
Hopefully you’ll get to enjoy at least a little down time over the next few days. Whether you’re enjoying family and friends or maybe just sitting by yourself for a little peace and quiet, here are some ideas for things to help you soak up the season and streeettch it out as long as possible.
- Watch any of the following movies: Elf, Scrooged, It’s a Wonderful Life, Home Alone, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, Love Actually, or Miracle on 34th Street. Drink hot chocolate.
- Take a moment to write a friend a letter detailing not what you’ve been up to this past year, but all of the times you were thankful for them this past year. It’s a welcome spin on the Christmas letter.
- Put on holiday music, sit in a comfy chair, read a book.
- Grab your camera and take candid pictures of those around you. It’s a nice way to capture memories without making everyone get together in matching sweaters. Although that’s also fun!
- Write down ten things you’re thankful for. Write down ten things you’re proud of. Write down ten awesome things that have happened this year.
- Think about goals for the upcoming year. If you want to enter into it intentionally, what’s going to be your intention?
- Go for a walk. That’s always nice, right?
See you in a couple of days. Enjoy every minute of them!