It’s #FancyDrinkFriday again! A couple of weeks ago, I teased you about posting a Moscow Mule soon, and if you follow me on Instagram, you know that K is the best ever and brought home some beautiful copper mule mugs last week.
All that leads up to this: one of my new favorite cocktails of the Summer. Moscow mules are refreshing, gingery, weirdly reminiscent of a holiday cookie, and most of all cold. Best idea ever? Icy drinks in a metal cup.
You can certainly make one without the mule mug (but why would you?) and you can find Ginger Beer in most grocery stores now. And finally, to seal the deal, Oprah loves them.
What are you waiting for?
Here’s the recipe:
Moscow Mules (makes one)
- 1 1/2 ounce vodka (I like Titos!)
- Fresh juice of 1/2 lime (or about 1/2 ounce if your lime is not that juicy… I like EXTRA lime.)
- 3 ounces of Ginger Beer
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Add ice to a copper mug, also known as a mule mug. Fill almost to the top.
- Add vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer. Stir vigorously.
- Garnish with a lime. Sip. Think how weird it is that a drink can be simultaneously the most refreshing thing ever, but also remind you of curling up with a blanket over the Holidays. It’s that powerful.
Happy Friday, friends! Enjoy!