It’s #FancyDrinkFriday again! This week I’m bringing you a put-hair-on-your-chest-spicy Bloody Mary.
We went to happy hour the other night to our little pizza bar down the street and some coworkers of mine ordered Bloody Mary’s. At happy hour! Not at brunch!
You know what? I was super jealous because they looked amazing and they got snacks with their drinks. I just had dumb old wine with no snacks.
I’m all for bucking the rules. Soup in July/Bloody Mary’s past brunch time.
This one is just how I like it–extra spicy with lots of hot sauce and horseradish. You can’t say I didn’t warn you.
Here’s the recipe.
Spicy Bloody Mary (makes 2 drinks)
- 8 ounces tomato juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- Lots of ice
- 1 Lemons juice + lemon wedges for garnish
- 6-8 good dashes of Tabasco or whatever hot sauce you prefer
- 2-4 dashes of worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- freshly cracked black pepper
- To garnish: Celery, lemon wedges, pickled okra, BACON, tomatoes, olives, gherkins…
- Add tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, tabasco, worcestershire, horseradish, and pepper to largish glass. Pour between two glasses 3-4 times. Taste for seasonings–I usually add a little more hot sauce. I like it spicy!
- Pour mixture in a high-ball glass filled with ice. Garnish at will. Seriously, anything goes. Just make sure you have snacks! I like pickled okra and a lemon wedge, but that’s because I didn’t have celery.
Enjoy! Happy Friday, friends!