You all are so incredible. Thank you all for being so supportive yesterday as See-Hatsie.com went live! Anything new is scary, especially when it involves voluntarily putting oneself out into the world, inviting feedback. Thank you for being so kind and supportive.
If I could send you all a jar of these Spicy Herb Parmesan crackers, I would. I would totally make you a cute mason jar, too. That’s how you know I care.
We’re gearing up for the Fourth of July, which for us means Boston. It’s kind of our Summer tradition, but really I’m just excited for a weekend in my favorite city. I miss being able to walk everywhere, and in Boston, I walk everywhere.
I think that these crackers would be a great addition to your cookout this weekend or if you’re on the road like we are, #roadtripsnacks!. In my experience, the more snacks you have, the more fun people have! That’s just a general statement that applies to most aspects of life.
These are a little spicy but full of flavor. They’re great as an appetizer, in soups, or as a housewarming gift.
Spicy, cheesy, herby, snacky.
Here’s the recipe.
Spicy Herb Parmesan Crackers
- 1 box mini saltines
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place crackers in a large bowl. In a separate, smaller bowl, mix together olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders, and all of the dried herbs. Pour that over the crackers in the large bowl and toss well to combine.
- Spread the crackers in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle the parmesan over the crackers as evenly as possible. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the Parmesan is melted and the crackers are fragrant. Let cool completely then store in an air-tight container. Crackers will last over a week, if you can keep people from stealing them.