One last re-cap of 2013: my absolute favorite recipes! These ten recipes changed my life, and while I don’t repeat recipes much, these are quickly becoming standards in my kitchen.
If one of your New Years Resolutions was to cook more, I’ve got you covered. Start with these ten recipes and you’ll be primed and ready to take on the rest of the year.
In no particular order…
1. Salted Caramel Cake Balls. By far and wide the yummiest sweet treat I ate all year. And if they’re cold? Forget about it.
2. No-Fail Fried Chicken Tenders. These are K’s favorite thing I’ve ever made, ever. Pile high, serve with sauces.
3. Slow Cooker Balsamic Barbecue Pulled Chicken. I make this when I’m looking for an easy and healthy meal, and every time I’m blown away by the flavor. It’s such nice departure from your typical barbecue chicken.
4. Four Cheese and Broccoli Skillet Lasanga. This was part mac and cheese, part broccoli cheese soup, and all delicious. Add some chicken to the sauce if you or yours are craving some extra protein.
5. Hatch Chile Salsa Verde. This was a spicy one, folks! And unless you live in New Mexico or similar lucky parts of the country, Hatch chiles only show their faces for a couple of weeks, once a year. Grab them while you can and make them last with this salsa verde!
6. Homemade Classic Chicken Soup. The homemade stock is the key to this incredible chicken soup, and couldn’t be easier. If you’re feeling under the weather, this would absolutely cure what ails you. This, and maybe a Z-Pak.
7. Slow Cooker Braised Barbacoa Beef Tostadas. This has become another stand-by, and it’s even better the next day. Make a big batch on Sunday and eat like kings all week long.
8. Flaky Apple Galette with Spiced Crumble. What a fancy name for such a simple and yummy pie. This was my crowning glory of 2013. No longer am I afraid of homemade pie crust, and that’s a win if you ask me.
9. Shrimp and Rice with Andouille Creole Gravy. This was packed full of flavor and texture, and bonus! It’s actually really good for you. Trick yourself into your January fitness goals with this dish. Or, just make healthy choices year round because you’re awesome. Either one!
10. Creamy Butternut Squash Soup. I know I said no winners, but if I had to pick one, and that Apple Galette wasn’t looking, I’d pick this soup. I can’t get enough of it! I made it at least once a week leading up to the holidays. Grab a butternut squash and make this while you still can, trust me.