|A little glimpse into my world this week. It’s pink and I love it.|
It’s Friday, folks, and that means you get a list. It also means I look through my Reader and other various food sites to find stellar examples of the thing I’m thinking about most.
I seem to always be hungry when I do this. Today was no exception. I think it’s a chicken and egg type thing. Mmm. Eggs.
This week’s list is inspired by my slight freak out and subsequent love song to sweet potato pizza. That’s right. I give you…
Pizza, In All It’s Glory
- When making pizza, you must start with the crust. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is talking about Jim Lahey’s no-knead pizza dough. Every photograph I see of it looks stunning.
- Margherita pizza can do no wrong. It’s classic, pure, and reliable.
- But if you want to get a little wild, guess what? It’s pizza so you absolutely can! Corn, lime, zucchini, SUMMER. It’s coming, ya’ll.
- If I’m ordering pizza, I like Italian sausage as a topping. I would like to order this right this minute.
- Bon Appetit makes pizza in a cast iron skillet. Of course they do.
- I think my love for figs on pizza has been adequately explained here, but this one, with arugula and walnuts, looks heavenly.
- And if you haven’t already, for the love of Pete, put an egg on it.
- Tracy knows a thing or two about pizza, that’s why she’s on here twice. Brussels and bacon on pizza? Get out!
- Shrimp, mushroom and pesto pizza sounds elegant and refined. Pizza can do everything.
- Caramelized onions. Gorgonzola. Avocado. I think this pizza was made especially for me. Like a soul-pizza. A pizza-mate. A Soul-Pizza-Mate.
Anyway. I’m going to go find something for dinner and try to ignore the pizza take out menu on my refrigerator. Or maybe I won’t! Happy weekend!