|Valentine’s Day Cards|
I’ve never been one to dwell on Valentine’s day. I like it because I like days in which I get to dress in theme, because chocolate is a major player, and because I adore sending and receiving handwritten mail, but I don’t buy into the singing gorillas or expensive flowers. I don’t ignore it, I just like to put my own spin on it. This year will involve a nice dinner in rather than out, copious amounts of chocolate, and an outfit of pink, red and gold. Like I said, I love a good theme.
Here’s a list of some Valentine’s inspired items I’ve had my eye on this week:
- Pretty handmade Valentines with glittery messages are sparkly and dainty and perfect.
- I will Wear Pink. Did I mention that already?
- I think that these wontons look amazing. They do have garlic, but they also have goat cheese, so…
- For dinner, K has asked for Steak. I think I can do that, and if not, this post shows me how.
- On the side, maybe some roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon?
- Or lemony asparagus and potatoes. Yum.
- Cornmeal cookies sound interesting and delicious, and I could play with food coloring, which is fun.
- And this pound cake speaks to me. Dense, buttery but with a citrus zing–I’ll have two please.
- For Valentine’s breakfast, pink donuts with toasted coconut. And after breakfast, you could have one for lunch!
- But this chocolate tart is all I can think about. Look how shiny!