Technically it isn’t Fall anymore. I mean, it’s pretty far from Fall; it’s below freezing outside and all of my Christmas shopping is finished. (Yes!) But Fall is my favorite season and a big part of that is the food–it’s hearty and flavorful and colorful and delicious. I see no reason why we can’t keep celebrating the best parts of last season well into this one.
- 4 pounds Sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Course ground mustard
- 2 Scallions, sliced
- 1 cup Dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Chopped pecans, toasted
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil then spray lightly with cooking spray. Place cubed sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and roast for 40-45 minutes, until cooked but still firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the mayonnaise, curry powder, and mustard. Add scallions, pecans, and dried cranberries and stir. Set aside until the sweet potatoes are ready.
- Add cooked sweet potatoes when still warm and toss until completely combined. Add salt and pepper if needed, then cover and cool for at least 3 hours.